Consumer Code for Home Builders
In effect since April 2010, the Consumer Code for Home Builders - referred to throughout this article as the Code – was developed by the home-building industry to make the home-buying process fair and transparent. It outlines the rights and protections afforded to purchasers and ensures that they are treated fairly and are fully informed throughout the home-buying process.
At Peveril Homes, we are committed to ensuring your home-buying experience is positive, transparent, and supported by our adherence to industry standards and regulations. We fully comply with the Consumer Code for Home Builders.
Download a copy of the Consumer Code by clicking HERE.
If you require more information about the Code, please visit consumercode.co.uk.
The Home Buying Process
As a prospective homebuyer, you should receive sufficient pre-purchase information to make an informed decision. This includes:
- A written reservation agreement which outlines the reservation fee, property details, purchase price, how and when the reservation agreement ends, and the duration of the price validity.
- A clear rundown of the structural warranty cover.
- A description of any management services and associated costs.
- The nature and assessment method of any event fees, such as transfer fees.
- If the home is not yet completed, the information should encompass a brochure or plan illustrating the layout, appearance, plot position, list of contents, and the standards to which the home is being built.